What You Need to Know About
Spring 2023 Registration
Welcome to the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at William & Mary's Spring 2023 Registration site.
GOOD TO KNOW:
Osher at William & Mary uses the "Iris" registration system.
Registration confirmations and your class schedule will come from "Notifications@IrisRegistration.com".
Be sure to check your spam folder, too
Early Registration: Nov. 14-23, 2022
Early registration is now closed.
If we received your registration (online or paper form) and full payment (online or by check) by November 23, 2022 at 5 pm, you will be included in the lottery.
For classes where demand exceeds seats, the lottery randomly assigns seats based on all early registrants' ranked class preferences. If you did not get a seat in a class you requested, you are automatically placed on a wait list.
Class schedules for early registrants will be emailed on Friday, December 23.
Open Enrollment: Jan. 3 - Mar. 19, 2023
If you miss early registration, don't worry! Open enrollment begins on Monday, January 3, 2023 at 8 am and runs through March 19, 2023 (the end of Spring Break).
During open enrollment, you select classes based on seat availability, on a first-come, first-served basis. Early registrants may also add classes to their schedule at this time.
Spring Membership Rate Information
- Registration requires membership. The Spring semester membership fee is $150.
- Membership is semester-based, and allows you to register for up to 8 multi-session classes ("courses") and any number of unlimited one-time lectures/one-time activities.
- Fees for special events/trips and supplies/books required or suggested are in addition to the membership fee.
- An Osher at W&M parking permit is required if you have classes (and intend to park your vehicle) at Kaplan Arena (Wightman Cup Room), Swem Library, or the School of Education. The permit is $15 and is valid from September 1 - August 31. If you purchased a permit for the Fall semester, it is still valid for Spring and Summer 2023.
- Payment is due at the time of registration. If you register online, you will be prompted to pay after you select your classes by clicking "Continue to Checkout" and "Make a Payment." After entering your payment information, clicking "Finish Registration" will complete your enrollment and prompt the system to send you a confirmation of the classes you selected. If you mail your registration, make your check payable to "William & Mary."
- Online payment by credit card is processed through William & Mary's secure TouchNet payment gateway. We accept VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
- If you have been issued a discount code (for example, instructor teaching at least 6 hours in a session or the recipient of a gift certificate or scholarship), please enter the discount code exactly as you have received it.
- Enter your discount code in the box that asks you to "Apply a Coupon Code" before you click "Finish Registration." Your total amount due will change according to the discount you have received.
- Osher Institute at William & Mary fees are membership fees. They are used to cover expenses of operating our lifelong learning program in a given semester and are not directly related to the number of courses you may take (i.e., there are no "per course" fees, and therefore, no "per course" refunds).
- Gift memberships cannot be cancelled or refunded.
- The deadline to request a refund of the membership fee is the first day of the session. For Spring 2023, the refund request deadline is Monday, January 30, 2023 at 8 am.
- A $15 processing fee applies to all cancellations. Please send a written request with a brief explanation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions or need assistance, please call the Osher office at 757-221-1506 or email us at email@example.com. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8 am-5 pm.
NOTE: The Osher office is closed the week of Thanksgiving, Nov. 21-25. (If you are dropping off your early registration and payment and the office is closed, use the mailbox outside of the front entrance to the building. Remember, to participate in the lottery, your registration and payment must be received by 5 pm on Wednesday, November 23.)
The Osher office moved in May 2022!
Our new home is in New Town (just across the parking lot from our previous location in Discovery 1 which you can see in the background of this photo).
Discovery 3: 5330 Discovery Park Blvd., Williamsburg, VA 23188