This course will focus on issues related to understanding how brain differences contribute to diversity in cognitive processing and social interactions. Autism will be used as the primary example to illustrate these issues, although other topics, such as co-occurrences with emotional problems, will be discussed. The course will address related topics of advocacy and climate on college campuses related to autism.
For more information, visit our website.
The course syllabus is available for view and print here.
- One Day Registration $175
- Two Day Registration $300
- Two Day Academic Credit Course In-state Tuition: $425
- Two Day Academic Credit Course Out-of-state Tuition: $1,235
Course Credit Options:
- Academic Credit: Successful completion of this course qualifies for academic credit from The College of William and Mary as a non-degree seeking student.
- Audit Status: You may choose to take this course without receiving any academic or continuing education credit for it.
- Students of this course are responsible for securing books and materials necessary for the course on their own, in advance of arriving to take the course.
- Your course syllabus will be included with your course registration confirmation.
Dates, Times & Locations:
June 1-2, 2019 in Washington, DC
- This course will be held in The Washington Office of William and Mary located at 1779 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Suite 705 of the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, Washington DC 20036
- Transportation information (taxis, metro, airports, auto and bicycle) for The Washington Office can be found at https://www.wm.edu/offices/dccenter/about/visit/transportation/index.php
- A link to driving directions to The Washington Office will be included in your registration confirmation
- A link to hotel information in the Dupont Circle Area will be included in your registration confirmation
Registration will close on May 24, 2019. Onsite registration will not be accepted.
Cancellations on or prior to 5pm on May 24, 2019, will incur a cancellation fee of $50. There will be no refunds for cancellations made after 5pm on May 24, 2019 or later.